Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How can I cut back a yew bush and similiar type taller yew bush?

The yew bush in front of my house has gotten WAY too big over the last few years and so is the tall evergreen-yew-looking bush next to it! My question is, if I trim them way back (which they both need) will the needles grow back on the bush? Or will I have ugly dead looking bushes in front of my house forever????

How can I cut back a yew bush and similiar type taller yew bush?
Hi:


You can trim back your Yew shrub. I would not trim it back too far. I would trim back and keep it a natural form. You can trim in the spring and then prune again in the fall. Prune back to a desired height, and then trim again in the fall. Yews will do fine trimming twice a year. Start this maintenance pruning this year and continue on next year. Make sure you properly prune the shrub. Always prune at an angle and never straight across. Pruning straight across can damage the shrub. I will link you to the proper pruning page of my website. There are techniques on how to prune shrubs.





I will also link you to the site map as this page has everything that is on the website. Browse through and see if you can find any other articles, tips or techniques that may help you with this project or any other landscape project. Good luck on pruning your Yew and have a great day!





Kimberly





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...

kick scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment